Employment & Internships
Connoisseur Media, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To see a list of Connoisseur Media positions currently available in various markets, please visit the Employment page.
Want to Work in Radio?
Connoisseur Media is home to 99.9 The Hawk, Spin Radio 107.1 and ESPN Radio of the Lehigh Valley. It’s one of the leading media companies in the Lehigh Valley, providing radio, events, and entertainment all across the Valley. Connoisseur Media’s branch in Easton, PA is looking to hire part-time Promotions Assistants. Do the words outgoing, dependable, and flexible describe you? Do you possess a valid driver’s license? If so, apply today!
Why Work for Connoisseur Media?
- Launch your career in media, communications, and entertainment
- Explore your interests
- Gain diverse experiences that you can’t get anywhere else
- Meet people from all walks of life
- Opportunity to grow and learn
We are looking for people who:
- Enjoy meeting new people
- Are detailed-orientated
- Are flexible with their work schedule
- Are outgoing and respectful
- Are willing to try new experiences
- Have a valid driver’s license and are comfortable driving larger commercial vehicles
We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays. If you have an interest in the workings of the radio industry or want to gain valuable hands-on career experience, please send your resume and cover letter to Connoisseur Media’s Promotions Director, KJ Zabala at email@example.com
Position: Account Executive
Supervisor: Sales Manager
The account executive’s duties include, but are not limited to, the solicitation of advertising orders from the servicing of accounts the Company may assign to you (in the sole judgment and discretion of the Company) as well as the prospecting, contacting, and development of new clients/accounts to the Company.
The account executive performs duties under the general direction and control of the General Sales and any other person(s) so designated by the Company. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management. The primary job of the account executive is to sell the Company’s products which include, but are not limited to the sale of the following products of the Station/Company: Broadcast airtime, Event sponsorships, Website packages, and other sales promotion programs.
The right candidate is a team player who can take initiative with excellent written and verbal communication skills. They are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive as they perform a variety of duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales goals as defined by management
- Sell and service an assigned account list and develop new accounts
- Develop customized presentations of the highest quality for new and existing accounts
- Develop and grow relationships at multiple levels of the customer’s organization in order to guarantee effective contacts internal to the organization and to be aware of problems and opportunities
- Maintain call volume of no less than 10 face-to-face meetings per week
- Accurately forecast revenue on a rolling three-month basis
- Entertain clients, including some weekend and evening work
- Adhere to station policies regarding pricing, merchandising, commercial content, competitive product protection, etc. and monitor competition with the highest degree of integrity and ethics
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills a must
- Must be able to utilize research appropriately and effectively in presentations
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Power Point for presentations preferred
- Ability to cold call, resulting in-person appointments
- High degree of time management and organizational skills
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to manage one’s business with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills at all levels are critical to the effectiveness of this position.
- Must be able to interact effectively, efficiently and with positive results with wide variety of personality types and professions both outside and inside company, including all departments of the station and other Connoisseur Media stations as well as with clients.
- Diplomacy, integrity, tact, creativity, solution orientation — critical
Education and Experience
- Minimum one-year sales experience or related business experience required
- Must be a self-starter and independent worker, College degree preferred
For more information about Connoisseur Media, please check us out online at www.connoisseurmedia.com
Connoisseur Media offers and provides a benefits package including health, Paid Time Off and 401(k). We also offer a variety of employee training & development opportunities. We are looking to hire individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Are you a college student looking to gain real world experience in the communications, media, or entertainment industry? Come intern with us! Click here to email us and attach your resume and letter.
Here’s what you can learn at Connoisseur Media!
Learn hands-on how to create and edit audio for radio!
At the end of the internship, all interns will be able to make a commercial that may air on the station.
Learn hands-on how the station communicates with its listeners!
Help organize on-air contesting, on-site promotions, and other public relation tasks to help gain more listeners!
Students can work one-on-one with a Program Director or on-air DJ!
Learn how the music is picked, and how the DJ decides what he or she is going to say next!
Students can work one-on-one with a Sales Manager or Account Executive!
Learn how a sale is made in the radio industry, from cold-calling to writing the script that will be used in an on-air spot!
Students can learn hands-on about how our websites are maintained, and learn about basic graphic design, social media management, and other website-related information.
Internship guidelines vary by school, so please check with your advisor to make sure you are eligible to gain course credit. In addition to your school’s requirements, to be an intern at Connoisseur Media’s Easton, PA station you must be 18+ with a valid driver’s license. PLEASE
NOTE: Internships are not paid. All interns are required to attend major station events, as well as events to support charitable organizations; weekend hours will likely be required.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your career goals and primary area of interest in your cover letter.